This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Whip up a dreamy blueberry delight. Easy recipe for a no bake blueberry dessert, made with Dream Whip, cream cheese, blueberry pie filling, and a pecan crust.
If you’ve been blueberry picking, I’ve got the perfect blueberry dessert for you. Made with a pecan crust, blueberry pie filling, and a creamy layer of cream cheese lush, it’s just as dreamy as fresh blueberry cobbler.
Growing up, my mom always made what she called a Cherry Crunch; it was my dad’s favorite dessert. Well, this blueberry delight is a twist on that classic dessert.
While the pie crust does require bake time, the rest of this recipe is no bake, making it a great dessert for times when you just don't feel like heating up the kitchen.
WHERE CAN I FIND THE ACTUAL BLUEBERRY DELIGHT RECIPE CARD?
If you’d rather skip all of my cooking tips, important cooking info for this recipe, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to the blueberry yum yum recipe – just scroll down to the bottom, where you’ll find a printable recipe card and longer how to video.
HOW TO MAKE THE 3-INGREDIENT PIE CRUST
Making the crust is so simple and easy and requires just a few minutes of bake time. In fact, you can find the delicious pecan pie crust recipe here.
It requires only 4 steps…
- Melting the butter.
- Mixing the butter with the flour and pecans.
- Pressing the dough into a 13″x9″ baking dish.
- Then just bake and cool.
ALTERNATIVE PIE CRUST OPTIONS
You can get creative with the crust, as well. For instance…
- Graham cracker crust
- Pecan Sandies crust – Make it like you would a graham cracker crust.
- Press-in pie crust without nuts
- Vanilla Wafer crust
- Line a graham cracker crust with sliced bananas.
- Press crushed pretzels into the pie crust instead of pecans.
Speaking of bananas, this easy banana pudding is another one of our favorite no bake desserts.
TIPS FOR HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY BLUEBERRY DESSERT
I’ve tried making the cream cheese filling with homemade whipped cream; for some reason, it just hasn’t worked as well. So I usually reserve my whipped topping for the top and use Dream Whip for the filling, which is what my mom uses in her Cherry Crunch.
Now some people do make this filling with Cool Whip, but I’ve carried on my mom’s tradition of a creamy Dream Whip filling. I like to call it angel fluff.
Tips and steps for making blueberry delight with Dream Whip…
- Beat the cream cheese separately first thing. This will help it soften up more, and it will blend in better with the Dream Whip, once you’re ready for that step.
- Mix the Dream Whip according to the package directions (also included in the recipe card below).
- You can split the Dream Whip filling in half to make 2 smaller pies (also, the strawberry filling above).
- You can save back just a little bit of whipped cream for a whipped topping on the final dessert.
This recipe is so easy. If you’re not quite ready to serve it, just cover it and chill in the refrigerator; and it’ll be ready when you are.
CAN YOU FREEZE BLUEBERRY DELIGHT?
You can definitely make this recipe ahead of time, freeze it, and thaw it when you need it.
Now one tip… I would definitely freeze it before adding the pie filling. Especially if you’re using canned pie filling, it’d be super easy to just add that later on after you’ve thawed the crust and creamy filling.
Just be sure, if you do freeze this dessert, to cover it well or put it in a sealed container so it doesn’t get freezer burn.
SHOP KITCHEN TOOLS FOR THIS RECIPE:
13″x9″ Baking Dish – You’ll need this size baking dish for this recipe. I find myself using this size for so many recipes, not just desserts.
Mixer – You’ll need a mixer to mix together the ingredients for the creamy filling.
Spatula – Where would I be without my spatulas? I have a whole slew of them because we’re ALWAYS using them.
GET THE PRINTABLE RECIPE
If you love this easy blueberry dessert recipe as much as we do, please write a 5 star review, and help me share the recipe on Facebook and Pinterest!
Find my original recipe for this no bake blueberry dessert over on Adventures of Mel!
CONNECT WITH FLOUR ON MY FINGERS!
Be sure to follow me on social, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive my newsletter, filled with delicious recipes and outdoor travel adventures, in your inbox:
- Have the pecan crust baked, cooled, and ready to go.
- Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese well.
- In a separate mixer bowl, whisk together the Dream Whip with the milk and vanilla, according to package directions. Whisk it until it begins to form soft peaks, about 4 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and powdered sugar to the Dream Whip mixture, and whisk for 3 to 5 minutes, or until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Spread the Dream Whip cream cheese filling onto the prepared pie crust.*
- Then top it all off with blueberry pie filling.
- Cover your no bake blueberry dessert and allow it to chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or overnight if possible.
- When it’s ready to serve, you can top it off with a dollop of whipped cream or serve it as is. It’s so delicious!
*You can use a regular pie crust or a graham cracker crust. Or get creative with the other options I included in the post above.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 545 Total Fat: 35g Saturated Fat: 15g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 17g Cholesterol: 57mg Sodium: 322mg Carbohydrates: 54g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 17g Protein: 7g