How to make a no fail, pecan nut, no roll pie crust recipe that's easy, homemade, and delicious. It's the best buttery crust for any pie or no bake dessert.
Whether you’re making a no bake dessert or pie, this easy pie crust is a delicious foundation for your dessert.
This is actually my favorite pie crust recipe for a blueberry delight with pecan crust.
My mom used this buttery pie crust for her famous cherry crunch, and it pairs fabulously well with that sweet cream cheese filling.
There are only 3 ingredients in this nutty pie crust, yet it gives your favorite desserts an amazing sweet and salty flavor. It’s so yummy!
Being that it's a no roll pie crust, it's super easy to make. Just press it in the pan and bake it.
WHERE CAN I FIND THE ACTUAL RECIPE CARD?
If you’d rather skip all of my cooking tips, important cooking info for this recipe, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to the pecan crust recipe – just scroll down to the bottom, where you’ll find a printable recipe card with how to video.
PECAN NUT PIE CRUST INGREDIENTS:
HOW TO MAKE PIE CRUST WITH PECANS
- First, if your pecans aren't chopped, finely chop them and set aside.
- Then mix together the melted butter and flour, forming a soft dough.
- Stir in the chopped pecans until they’re all mixed in.
- It’s a press in pie crust, so just press the pie dough into a 13″x9″ baking dish.
Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes, or until the edges of the crust begin to turn a nice golden brown (baking times can vary).
Let the crust cool before adding any filling.
Don’t you love how easy this pie crust is? It doesn’t even require you to roll out the dough.
Mix it up, press it in your baking dish, and bake it. Then it’s ready for your favorite dessert.
Now if you’re making this crust with a regular pie where you bake the crust with the pie filling, you’ll bake it according to the recipe instructions for that particular pie.
ALTERNATIVE INGREDIENT OPTIONS
While this recipe only has 3 ingredients, there are a few things you can do to switch it up.
- Instead of pecans, consider using walnuts, black walnuts (if you like the flavor of black walnuts), or even almonds.
- Use shortening in place of butter.
- You can also use canola oil in place of butter.
- And if you’re just not a nut person, you can make this without pecans at all, just a plain crust.
CAN I MAKE THIS CRUST GLUTEN FREE?
Ok, so confession: I am now gluten-free in real life, so you can bet I'm working on a gluten-free version of this recipe because it's one of my go to pie crust recipes.
I have tried making it with gluten-free flour just the way it is, but I think I need to cut out some of the butter because it didn't bake quite right. It was still good, but it needs a little work.
So stay tuned because I will have a gluten free pie crust very soon for all my gluten-free comrades.
CAN I FREEZE THIS PECAN PIE CRUST?
Yes, you can. I'd recommend baking the pie crust first, then allow it to cool, cover it well, and freeze it.
And when you're ready to use the crust, allow it to thaw for at least half an hour before pairing it with your favorite desserts. It's going to chill anyway, so it's ok if it's not completely thawed.
PIES AND DESSERTS THAT PAIR WELL WITH THIS PECAN NUT CRUST:
- No bake strawberry dessert
- Strawberry cream cheese pie
- Strawberry fluff pie
- Blueberry delight
- Cherry delight recipe
- Layered pumpkin dessert
- Blueberry cream pie
SHOP KITCHEN TOOLS FOR THIS HOMEMADE PIE CRUST RECIPE:
Mixing Bowl – You’ll need a medium sized mixing bowl to mix up this crust.
13″x9″ Baking Dish – You’ll need this size baking dish for this recipe. I find myself using this size for so many recipes, not just desserts. If you want to make a smaller dessert, just split the recipe in half and use a smaller dish.
GET THE PRINTABLE RECIPE
If you love this easy blueberry dessert recipe as much as we do, please write a 5 star review, and help me share the recipe on Facebook and Pinterest!
Find my original recipe for this pie crust over on Adventures of Mel!
CONNECT WITH FLOUR ON MY FINGERS!
Be sure to follow me on social, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive my newsletter, filled with delicious recipes and outdoor travel adventures, in your inbox:
Easy No Fail Pecan Nut Pie Crust Recipe
- Pre-heat the oven to 350° F.
- Melt the butter.
- Mix together the melted butter and flour, forming a dough.
- Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Press the crust into a 13″x9″ baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes, or until the crust begins to turn a golden brown.
- Let the crust cool before adding any filling.