This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to make a super easy peach dump cake with pie filling, pecans, a cake mix, and a hint of cinnamon. Gluten-free or regular, it's the best dessert recipe!
Of course, ever since, I've been thinking of ways to make it with other fruit. So far, I've come up with this very yummy peach cobbler dump cake, and a caramel apple dump cake is currently in the works.
I'm telling you, friends, dump cake is one of the easiest desserts you'll ever make. It's true to its name, in that you literally dump all of your ingredients into a baking dish and bake it.
Now you can make this a gluten-free peach dump cake or chock full of gluten, whichever is your preference. I prefer to make it gluten-free with my favorite gluten-free cake mix (I'll share where to find it below).
And while you could probably use fresh peaches to make a fresh peach pie filling, I just make peach dump cake with peach pie filling in the can. It's called dump cake for a reason, so I pretty much take that to heart.
Ready to bake another scrumptious dessert? Let's get started.
WHERE CAN I FIND THE ACTUAL RECIPE CARD?
If you’d rather skip all of my baking tips, important baking info for this recipe, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to the peach dump cake recipe – just scroll down to the bottom, where you’ll find a printable recipe card.
WHAT IS A DUMP CAKE?
I actually wondered the same thing. And it's pretty true to its name.
A dump cake is essentially just that. It's a cake you basically dump into a baking dish and bake.
There's no mixing, no stirring, no work to it at all really, besides layering your ingredients in a baking dish.
HOW TO MAKE PEACH DUMP CAKE
Making this dump cake with pie filling involves 4 basic steps. But first be sure to give your baking pan a light coat of cooking spray.
- In the bottom of a greased baking dish, layer 2 full, undrained cans of peach pie filling. If you want your cake to be gluten-free, make sure the pie filling has no gluten.
- Dump a box of yellow cake mix (just the dry cake mix) all over the top of the peaches, spreading it out evenly with your fingers if need be. Also, sprinkle the cinnamon over the cake mix.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans over the cake mix.
- Then thinly slice the butter over every inch of the top of the cake.
Then you just bake it for about an hour, per the instructions in the recipe card below. Easy peasy!
And when you go to serve it, it pairs deliciously well with a scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream. Of course, a nice dollop of whipped cream will top it off almost as well as ice cream.
This is a delicious dessert to serve at a potluck or get together. And it's easy to throw together in a short amount of time.
WANT A GLUTEN-FREE PEACH DUMP CAKE?
You can just make dump cake with a regular yellow cake mix.
But if you do want gluten-free, I've found that I really like Aldi's LiveGFree Gluten-Free Yellow Baking Mix. It makes a softer cake and doesn't have the gritty texture some other cake mixes seem to have.
DOES PEACH DUMP CAKE NEED TO BE REFRIGERATED?
While it's best served warm, I do recommend you place any remaining leftovers in the fridge.
CAN PEACH DUMP CAKE BE FROZEN?
Yes, you can freeze this dessert.
It should keep in the freezer for at least 3 months; just be sure to store it in an airtight container so it doesn't get freezer burn.
CAN I MAKE THIS A CROCK POT DUMP CAKE?
Yes, you can! In fact, you'd follow the same instructions for layering.
ALTERNATIVE DUMP CAKE INGREDIENTS
There are a few things you can do to switch this recipe up.
- Use a different flavor pie filling, like cherry or apple or blueberry.
- Use walnuts, black walnuts, or almonds instead of pecans.
- If you don't like nuts, simply leave them out.
SHOP KITCHEN TOOLS FOR THIS RECIPE
MORE PEACH DESSERTS FOR YOUR DESSERT TABLE:
- Bisquick Peach Cobbler with Fresh Peaches
- Easy Peach Crisp
- Homemade Peach Jam without Pectin
- Homemade Peach Ice Cream
GET THE PRINTABLE RECIPE
If you love this dump cake recipe as much as we do, please write a 5 star review, and help me share the recipe on Facebook and Pinterest!
CONNECT WITH FLOUR ON MY FINGERS!
Be sure to follow me on social, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive my newsletter, filled with delicious recipes and outdoor travel adventures, in your inbox:
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9"x13" pan.
- Dump the pie filling, spreading it evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Dump the dry cake mix over the pie filling, making sure it's spread evenly all around the pan.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon evenly over the cake mix.
- Then sprinkle chopped pecans over the cinnamon.
- Thinly slice 2 sticks of butter over the entire top of the cake.
- Bake at 350°F for about 1 hour, or until the cake turns a golden brown and the fruit filling is bubbly all around the edges.
- Serve while warm or at room temperature. Pairs deliciously well with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
*If you need to make this gluten-free, simply use a gluten-free pie filling and a gluten-free cake mix. Note: Most pie fillings are gluten-free.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Mercer Culinary Genesis Forged Paring Knife, 3.5 Inch
- GLOUE Silicone Spatula Set-4-piece 450oF Heat-Resistant Baking Spoon & Spatulas - Ergonomic Easy-to-Clean Seamless One-Piece Design - Nonstick - Dishwasher Safe - Solid Stainless Steel-Multicolor
- Anchor Hocking 3-Quart Rectangular Baking Dish with Embrace Lids, Set of 3
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 378Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 330mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 2gSugar: 39gProtein: 2g